Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby Steps


I'm not that good at patience. Most of us have been told that the best things are worth waiting for and we've learned that waiting is the hardest part. Yes Mr. Petty, but I don't like waiting! I'm sitting here in Brooklyn, NYC counting down the days before I have to fly back to that other coast.  Why do I count? Other than my OCD, the reason this time is my new nephew Henry is supposed to be born while I'm here. I'm not one to place bets or do any real gambling so I figured a ticket that spanned three weeks would give him ample time to make his grand appearance. I'm beginning to think I was wrong.  He may be the most stubborn in our family to date...and I really didn't think I could be beat in that department.  

All this to say that my blog attention is elsewhere. My days revolve around my sister's belly. Is there any extra pressure? Maybe a slight contraction? Is Henry hiccuping AGAIN? Can he just come out and hiccup while I hold him? Oh Henry, I do not want to be taken to the airport next week by a pregnant sister. 

In the meantime, I'm just falling more and more madly in love with Brooklyn and Manhattan both. Yesterday I had the chance to walk from Union Square to Bryant Park via Fifth Ave and back down Madison. Heaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment