Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dear Amazon

Dear Amazon,

I love you. I really do. You're always there when I need you and you provide all the things my sister needs here in the city. She just doesn't have the energy to go walk around for hours looking for necessities!  She's very very pregnant you see.  When she couldn't find things like a dropper or a water temperature gauge for her new baby, she turned to you knowing you would have just what she needed and it would get to her within a day or two.  But Amazon, look at this giant box you used to send one tiny dropper! And I have many other examples of this packaging insanity! All you have to do is look at the broken down boxes outside my sister's door to see that something is not right here! Go ahead, take a peek I'll wait right here.  So? What do you have to say for yourself? Are you proud of the fact that an order of three things came to this address yesterday in three very large, very separate boxes? Maybe items are coming from different locations. I get it. Maybe there are laws you have to follow to get things safely to their new owners. I understand.  But do you think you could start looking at ways to condense and save on all the waste? I'm concerned that our relationship will have to end if we can't come to some sort of compromise.  Perhaps you could offer a much slower shipping speed in order to gather a customers items together for one big shipment rather than send each little thing as it becomes available? Some sort of recycling program for the multitude of boxes? 


Until we can come to some sort of resolution to this problem, I think you and I are going to be on a break. I'm sorry it has to be this way but I feel as though you won't take me seriously otherwise. 


Love,
ScrimpGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment