Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thrift Store Bonus Round

Pictures for the Parlour 

My First Pyrex
(and only $3)


My sister's body is refusing to let the baby come out already so we walked around Greenpoint and Williamsburg to a few thrift stores today. She found the best pictures for her awesome parlour walls and I found my first affordable piece of Pyrex to take home with me. If there's a Pyrex treasure hunter club, I'm pretty sure I should be a new member. This bowl is that classic olive green with white flowers. Makes me feel like I could be sitting in my Grandma's kitchen watching her cook with Wheel of Fortune playing in the background. 

Random Wheel of Fortune Facts for you!
  • Since its debut in 1983, Wheel of Fortune has awarded more than $190 million in cash and prizes to its contestants.
  • In 1992, the "Guinness Book of World Records" listed Vanna White as the world's most frequent clapper. Vanna puts her hands together for contestants some 28,080 times a season - an average of 720 times per show.
  • In 1992, the "Guinness Book of World Records" listed Vanna White as the world's most frequent clapper. Vanna puts her hands together for contestants some 28,080 times a season - an average of 720 times per show.
  • Wheel of Fortune has been the #1 show in syndication since its debut in 1983.
  • Wheel of Fortune's original name was "Shoppers Bazaar" and included a wheel that was much bigger and featured carnival sound effects.




No comments:

Post a Comment